Thomson EIKON contains more than two million financial instruments, securities and indicators for over 175 countries in 60 markets. Holding up to 50 years of history and over 8,000 different fields, it provides access to over one hundred million time series.The breadth and depth of EIKON content, which includes diverse third party and proprietary data, covers:
- Equities and Fundamentals: I/B/E/S consensus forecasts (including all valuation measures)
- Units and Investment Trusts: Extensive pricing and dividend coverage for 14 countries, totalling 120,000 funds and including 30,000 UK trusts
- Indices: Unrivalled coverage of over 100,000 indices; Indices from MSCI, FTSE, S&P, S&P/EMDB and Dow Jones Stoxx
- Bonds: Over 100,000 fixed-income instruments and over 200,000 warrants, certificates and convertibles covering 32 markets
- International Macroeconomics: Over 500,000 time series available with indicators for 175 countries and history back to the 1950s
- Commodities: 3,000 spot prices plus major indices from JPMorgan and Goldman Sachs; LME metal prices and Metal Bulletin, plus agricultural commodities from Public Ledger, energy and chemicals from ICIS-LOR, forest products, semi-conductors, and electricity from the major power exchanges.
- Interest and Exchange Rates: Rates for over 45 currencies, UK pound and US dollar rates and comprehensive emerging markets coverage
- Futures and Options: Coverage of 25 countries with over 85,000 contracts; Options coverage of 2,000 contracts with over 300,000 series available
How to access this database
- Local access (library): It is installed in a computer in the library’s ground floor. Ask the staff at the library’s reception for more details.
- Local Access (Room 6.0.12) – EIKON is installed in all the computers of room 6.0.12.
How to use this database
Basic information on how to use this database can be found in DataStream Getting Started (for old version) and EIKON User Guide (for new version)