- Essentials of Business
Compulsory Courses (30 ECTS)
Compulsory Courses (6 ECTS)
Elective Courses (18 ECTS)
TFM (6 ECTS)
INTENSIVE 3-WEEKS PROGRAM
The pre-master’s is an intensive 3-weeks program before the beginning of the academic year (at the outset of September), designed for students with an academic background outside the Economics/Business field to go over the basics in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, and Essentials of Business that are important for a successful completion of the program.
COMPETENCES DEVELOPTMENT IN THE 1st SEMESTER
During the first term (September – January) 7 compulsory courses are held: Strategy, Marketing Management, Accounting for Management, Finance for Management, Firms & Industries, Organizational Behavior and Quantitative Methods for Management. The total workload of the first term is 30 ECTS credits. Beyond contributing to the development of general competences related to independent thinking, problem solving, creativity, leadership, ethics and critical analysis of business and management issues, these courses have been designed to allow our students to acquire specific competences such as:
- Capability to understand problems in the business environment with the goal of identifying different strategic options for the firm.
- Understanding the process of decision making in marketing, from setting objectives and strategies to formulating decisions on marketing variables.
- Capability to analyze and understand the financial information of the company in order to identify and solve firm’s financial problems.
- Understanding the structure and dynamics of industries with the goal of identifying optimal strategies.
- Capability to understand and apply the main research tools.
FLEXIBILITY AND CHOICE IN THE 2nd SEMESTER
The second term is designed to provide flexibility and choice to our students. Students have to take 6 ECTS of compulsory courses and can choose 18 ECTS of elective courses among a total of 11 electies included in the study program. This includes the possibility fo doing part-time Internship period, the “Internships” course (6 ECTS), as one of the electives. The academic year concludes with the defense of the Final Master Thesis (6 ECTS).
Along this second term, our students will develop the following capabilities:
- Capability to understand the key aspects of the management of innovation and technology
- Capability to identify ethical behavior in business and understand the importance of sustainable development for the company
- Capability to lead and motivate teams
- Capability to understand the main practices of human resource management
- Capability to apply knowledge learned throughout the master to real situations